[TN-Bird] West Tennessee

  • From: "Ken Leggett" <kcleggett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:44:02 -0500

In addition to the Black-necked Stilts reported by Jeff, there is at least
one pair back in White Lake Refuge and there are two pair in the Bogota
TWRA. I have been working with some of the farmers  in the area to show them
where the Stilts are nesting.  There is a lot of interest in these birds by
many of the farmers.

Saturday, Betty and I found at least one nest at the south end ofBogota TWRA
that had been run over by some equipment.  The eggs were not broken but
spread over a couple of yards.  At least two pair of Stilts were in the
north end of the same area,

On Friday, Glen Criswell, Betty and I covered White Lake.  In addition to
the Black-necked Stilts there we had 110 White Pelicans and at least one
Tri-colored Heron.

Ken Leggett
Dyersburg, TN 38024