[TN-Bird] Walter S Davis Marsh (birds), 27 Apr 12

  • From: Scott Somershoe <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:26:08 +0000

I didn't have time to bird this morning, but spent 90 min at the Walter S Davis
Marsh (Davidson Co.) this morning.  I was rewarded with a good mix of
shorebirds (for this little spot), a pair of yellow-crowned night-herons that
flew in, and one sora working the edge of the cattails.  Chimney Swifts were
photogenic this morning, well as photogenic as swifts can be.  I managed some
decent photos of them, but it is a shame I had poor exposure settings for part
of time before I bothered to check them (I blame this on not yet having had any
coffee!).

If interested, small gallery of images start here:

http://www.pbase.com/shoeman/image/142941319

Abbreviated eBird list with highlights:

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron  2

Sora  1