[TN-Bird] Towhee at feeder

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:58:01 -0500 (EST)

Greetings birders,

Here in the Charlotte Park section of West Nashville, Davidson County, TN,
I just had a glorious male towhee feeding on my deck. It is a cool, dreary,
wet  day outside.  Towhees live year around a little over a block away
where  they nest in the narrow forested area along I-40.  They rarely visit me,

but they do come over during the winter months when they get hungry for the
 "goodies" on "Dee's Smorgabird."  They certainly know where the food is
when they get hungry on days when the weather is not great.

Dee Thompson