[TN-Bird] Southeast Partners in Flight meeting, Feb 2007

  • From: Scott Somershoe <ssomershoe2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:19:46 -0800 (PST)

For those of you interested, I have attached information for the 2007 South=
east Partners in Flight meeting to be held in Memphis.  I hope to have a ni=
ce contingent from Tennessee as it is in our state and I'm the local host. =
 The meeting will consist of several sessions with presentations covering c=
ertain topics (we are working on the agenda) and an open session where stud=
ents, researchers, and others give talks about their projects.  The focus i=
s obviously on the southeast, so there will be talks by many folks in the a=
rea on species you know and love.  There will be announcements for abstract=
 submissions, but all that information is on the website.  Might be a good =
opportunity to hear about local research etc. that you may not have known a=
bout.  There's always a bunch of cool talks showing the amazing things bird=
s do.  Lots of conservation oriented research, planning, and population inf=
ormation etc. for birds in the southeast.=0A=0AIf you have any questions, p=
lease contact me at my email (scott.somershoe@xxxxxxxxxxx) or reach me at m=
y office: 615-781-6653.=0A=0AHere's the meeting info:=0AI am pleased to off=
icially announce that the 2007 Southeast Partners in Flight Meeting will be=
 held in Memphis, TN from 7-10 February 2007.  The meeting will be held at =
the Holiday Inn Select at the Memphis Airport.  Access via interstate and a=
irport is very easy (free airport shuttle, too).  Rooms are only $75/night!=
  When you call for reservations, please make sure you mention you are atte=
nding the Southeast Partners in Flight meeting and give them the booking co=
de of E72 to ensure you get our meeting rate.  =0A=0Ahttp://www.state.tn.us=
/twra/pifmeeting.html =0A=0AThrough this website we have all the informatio=
n you need about registration fees and forms, directions to getting here, d=
eadlines, what is included in registration, field trips, etc.  We are worki=
ng on the specific agenda for presentations on Thursday and Friday (8th and=
 9th) and a "Call for Abstracts" will be forthcoming; however most of the i=
nformation is included on the website.=0A=0APlease make hotel reservations =
early as the block may fill.  In addition, please consider registering for =
the meeting in advance, which will save you extra cash!=0A=0APlease forward=
 widely to anyone who may be interested.=0A=0AThanks and looking forward to=
 seeing you in Memphis!!=0A=0ASincerely,=0AScott Somershoe=0A=0A=0A =0A____=

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES