[TN-Bird] Say's Phoebe

  • From: "Tommie Rogers" <Bananaquit1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TNBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:47:25 -0500

Yesterday, Libby Wolfe, Jan Chadwell and I drove across TN to see the Say's
Phoebe at Hatchie.  We joined Jeff Wilson and Allen Trently there.  The Say's
Phoebe was seen mostly on the fences surrounding the headquarters while we were
there.  It flew to different locations (trees and corn stubble) and did not
allow us to get close but we still had wonderful looks at a new state bird.
Jeff said that Vermillion Flycatcher had been at the same location in previous
years.  Hatchie is definitely a place worth checking for rare birds.

Tommie Rogers