[TN-Bird] Rose-breasted Grosbeaks

  • From: "carol williams" <cdenson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:21:17 -0500

I live about four miles from Tommy and Virginia Curtis in DeKalb County. I
don't have the number of birds he has had. However, my highest count for the
grosbeaks were 13 as of yesterday. Today, I can only count 11. We are
replenishing the feeders so maybe I will have more in a few minutes! The
sound they make is so pitiful!  I know there are more in the trees above the
Last week I was thrilled to have a Red-breasted Nuthatch at my feeder for
one day.  It was long enough to get some good pictures. It wasn't too afraid
of me.
I am still having hummingbirds come through one at a time.
Carol Williams