[TN-Bird] Roan Naturalist Rally birds (late)

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:56:57 EDT

This is a belated report on birds seen at the Roan Mtn. Fall Naturalists
Rally on Sat. and Sun., 11 & 12 SEP 2004.  The birding field trips at the Roan
Rallies, both spring and fall, are sponsored by the Lee & Lois Herndon
(Elizabethton) Chapter of TOS.  Rick Knight was running his banding station at
Carver's
Gap where many of these observations occurred, but I did not intentionally
include Rick's netted birds in these lists.  The species and participants
listed
are from my haphazard field notes.  I am sure the lists are not complete.  My
apologies to the many participants whose names I omitted.  I was not thinking
of writing a report when I made my notes.  Please feel free to contact me if
you wish to be included in the record.

Sat. 11 SEP 2004
Participants include:  James Brooks, Dianne Draper, Kat Dunham, Mary Jane
Erwin, Don Holt, Reece Jamerson, Rick Knight, Howard Langridge, Larry McDaniel,
Charlie and Tracey Muise & son, Judy Roache, Gary Wallace, et al

Great Blue Heron
Broad-winged Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Turkey Vulture
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Chimney Swift
Northern Flicker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Barn Swallow
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
American Crow
Blue Jay
Common Raven
Carolina Chickadee
Eastern Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
American Robin
Wood Thrush
Gray Catbird
Cedar Waxwing
Blue-headed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Philadelphia Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo
Northern Parula
American Redstart
Black-and-white Warbler
Blackburnian warbler
Black-throated Blue warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Hooded Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Scarlet Tanager
Northern Cardinal
Dark-eyed Junco
Song Sparrow
Eastern Towhee
House Finch
American Goldfinch
Pine Siskin
---------------------
Sun. 12 SEP 2004
Participants include:  Donna Ashby, Rob Biller, Don Holt, Rick Knight, Larry
McDaniel, Charles Moore, Charlie and Tracey Muise & son, et al

Accipter sp. (Sharp-shinned ?)
Turkey vulture
American Woodcock (Carver's Gap at dawn)
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Red-headed Woodpecker
Empidonax sp.
Eastern Phoebe