[TN-Bird] Revised Screech Owl

  • From: "Mike" <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:23:10 -0400

Yesterday 04-23-2009 I went out for a walk, on a trail in Bristol VA. While
walking along I saw a bird in the distance, I put my binoculars up to see
what it was when a box caught my attention. I saw something sitting in the
hole. To my delight it was a Red Phase Eastern Screech Owl, I didn't have my
camera with me, and I had to go to work, I called Gary Cooper a friend of
mine, and told him about the owl. He took a couple of shot but it was
getting dark when he arrived at the spot. Today we met up to see if it was
still there, it was sitting in the exact spot it was yesterday. I had my
Camera with me this time and I took some shots.    You can view it here

Michael W Sanders

Bristol, VA