[TN-Bird] Re: Red Belly Drinking

  • From: Charles Murray <dro_1945@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-BIRD <TN-BIRD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, likebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

My problem with hummingbird feeders is caused by small, blue-green bees that
get into the sugar-water and die, fouling the mixture. Does anyone have a
solution for that? I bought new feeders this year with smaller feeding holes to
hopefully exclude the yellowjacket wasps that always got into the feeders in
the past in August and September.

Charles Murray
Hamilton County