[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville, TN

  • From: fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:49:58 -0500 (CDT)

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
Oct. 7, 2005
7-9 am
cloudy and cold with drizzle and light rain

Fall certainly blew in this morning!

Hoping that the cold, cold front would bring a new mix
of birds to Radnor Lake, I walked from the west parking
lot to Long Bridge and back for 2 hours.  Unfortunately,
I found only two warbler flocks and one was mostly
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERs, which have now taken over.
I found only 5 species of warblers for the morning.

There was a substantial flock of AM. ROBINs with a single
ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK at the dam and ranger's house,
and a small group of INDIGO BUNTINGs near the
west parking lot.  Best bird was perhaps a GRAY-CHEEKED
THRUSH at Long Bridge.  I also had a fly-over
RINGED-BILLED GULL.  My short trek produced no ducks.

I hope tomorrow's fall count in the Nashville area
will produce a greater variety of species.

Birds of interest included:
Ring-billed Gull 1
Chimney Swift 10
E. Wood-Pewee 3