[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville, TN

  • From: fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:43:51 -0500 (CDT)

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
Wed. 7 September 2005
7-9 am

I ran into a birder who said that there were 2 SNOW GEESE on the
lake yesterday but I did not find them today.

This Wednesday morning I walked from the West Parking lot at Radnor
to Long Bridge and back.  Before heading up the road, I briefly went
a short distance along the Spillway Trail and immediately found a
silent, male MOURNING WARBLER.  There was very little activity
until I spent 30 minutes at the area just before Long Bridge.
There I found a nice flock of warblers, tanagers, and thrushes,
including VEERY.  At one point I also had a YELLOW-BELLIED
FLYCATCHER.  Birds of interest included:

Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher  1
Great Crested Flycather 3
Veery  1