[TN-Bird] Percy Priest grebes

  • From: Scott Somershoe <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 17:28:04 +0000

I made a few stops around Percy Priest Lake, Davidson Co. yesterday afternoon.
Not much shaking most places but there were plenty of birds at Cook Public Rec
area (which is the place to watch loons, ducks, and gulls come to roost).
There were more ducks flying in real late in the day and others that arrived
that I didn't see come in, so numbers are low.

Gull numbers were way down with maybe 2000 ring-billeds roosting (down from
7000+ last week); however the horned grebe numbers are way up.   I had at least
281 horned grebes yesterday.  On the 14th, I had 155 and that was my high count
for the area.

Scott Somershoe

Complete list of birds:
Gadwall  3