[TN-Bird] Nashville birds

  • From: "Scott Somershoe" <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 16:19:32 -0500

I was at Centennial Park in Nashville way before first light this morning =
(~5:15am) for the Country Music Half-Marathon (I didn't do a full =
marathon, at least not yet).  Anyway, at dawn (actually about 5:50am) =
between intermittent showers while sitting on the steps of the Parthenon, =
I had a Common Nighthawk flying around the lake/pond.  Later, while =
warming up near the lake, I had a Hooded, Magnolia, and Blue-winged =
Warbler all singing, and Eastern Kingbirds all on one of the little wooded =
islands in the lake.  It was very exciting and lifted my spirits a bit =
before the race.  I also had a couple rose-breasted grosbeaks chinking, =

I saw nothing much birdwise during the half marathon for obvious reasons.

   Scott Somershoe =20

State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
P.O. Box 40747