[TN-Bird] Murfreesboro Ross's Goose

I stopped by to check out the Ross's Goose at the MTSU ponds by the south
parking lots this afternoon.  It was present with a slew of Canada Geese and
one blue phase Snow Goose.

At another random pond in the 'boro, I watched and photographed Cedar Waxwings
drinking at the edge of the water.  Interesting to watch.

In a woodlot behind my house in Smyrna, I've had a pair of Red-tailed Hawks
nesting for a few years, until now.  As I had expected from the hooting at
night lately, Great Horned Owl's have taken over.  From my driveway, I could
see one bird sitting in the nest, ear tufted flapping in the wind.  I am hoping
this will reduce the local skunk population!

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe

State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency