[TN-Bird] More kudos

While we are applauding the Birchwood event, let us give a big pat on =
the
back to Ken Dubke. He has taken the lead in organizing it every year, =
and a
big part of its success is due to Ken's efforts.

We also need to thank Wally Akins (the refuge manager at Hiwassee) and =
his
crew. They do an amazing job with the logistics of visitor management at =
the
viewing area. Don't forget it is also their efforts that bring in the =
cranes
everyone enjoys so much!

Then there are all the volunteers at the school who make provide
transportation to and from the viewing area, cook and serve the =
delicious
food, and make sure the exhibitors have space for their displays.

We certainly can't forget the volunteers out at the viewing areas (like
Jimmy, Roi and Debbie, Danny, etc.), who set up all the scopes, answer
questions about the cranes and other wildlife, and alert everyone if =
there
is something interesting to see. I know it is a labor of love for them =
(you
all know how much arm twisting it takes to get TOS members to go =
birding),
but the giving of their time deserves recognition.

I know there are MANY other people I am forgetting, so we should have a
blanket "thank you" for everyone who was involved with the event =
(including
the visitors, without whom there would be no festival).

See you at the 14th Annual Cherokee Indian Heritage and Sandhill Crane
Viewing Days!

David Aborn
Chattanooga, TN