[TN-Bird] Montgomery Bell SP, Apr 18, 2012

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-birds <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:16:53 -0700 (PDT)

I birded for about an hour before a meeting at Montgomery Bell yesterday.  I
heard a bird near the creek and picnic area just left of the main entrance that
sounded like a Swainson's Warbler, however I was never able to locate it.  It
was in dense woods next to the creek, which is not a totally unlikely spot.
However, there were lots of Yellow-throated Warblers around and it looked
better for La Waterthrush.  Do either of these birds ever do a song like
Swainson's with the 3 note ending?  (Whoever said they heard a warbler doing a
Kirtland's song recently has me paranoid.)

From: do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxx <do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: eBird Report - Montgomery Bell SP, Apr 18, 2012
To: dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 3:36 PM