[TN-Bird] Little Blue Heron

  • From: "Nancy Moore" <jaybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRD" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:56:28 -0500

Driving through Black Bayou Friday 7-8-05 I found one lone Little Blue Heron
sitting on a levee in the Rice Field. First one I have seen since early season.
 The Great Egrets are congregating in the water that remains by the Pump house
and there will be a few Snowy in with them.  There are juvenile Hooded
Merganzer and Pied billed Grebes that sit on the mud flat behind the pump
house. Its very dry in Black Bayou. Ocassionally I will see Wood ducks.  Will
get out over the next few days and see what Dennis blows in and hopefully we
get a nice rain fall.
Nancy Moore
Bluebasin Cove B&B
Reelfoot lake