[TN-Bird] Lawrence County Shrike Survey

  • From: "Tommy Edwards" <Tommy.Edwards@xxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 21:54:57 -0500

June 6 and 8th, 2011
Northern Lawrence County

Went to survey reports of past sightings and came up with 18 birds in just two
mornings.
Far better than the single bird i can find in my county (Maury)
When finding these birds, it seemed they were very closely tied to the almish
communities?
Sounds like a good graduate project??
I believe we will continue to monitor these birds and hope they will stay
common in this portion of Lawrence county.
Also a Henslow population was again found off of Jamestown rd in a conservation
easement.
Three singing males were heard.
All reports were submitted on ebird if you would like to know locations by lat
and long.
Thanks
Tommy Edwards
Mayfield-Gray Chapter, Columbia
TWRA

Tommy Edwards (CWB)
Area Manager
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
Yanahli, Williamsport, and Haley-Jaqueth WMA's
1026 Old Lewisburg Hwy
Columbia, TN 38401
1-931-840-4042 (o)
Tommy.Edwards@xxxxxx