[TN-Bird] Lark Sparrows in Henry Co.

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:44:14 -0500

6/20/05
Henry Co.
Henry-Mansfield BBS route

Don Manning and I ran our Henry Co. BBS route, and for the 5th year in a row
had at least one Lark Sparrow along the route. The location seems to change
every year, we had this one the same location as one the year before last. I
also had another Lark Sparrow in a traditional spot near Don's house in Henry
Co. after I dropped him off. This is an interesting BBS route and usually
produces another unusual bird or two. We had 70 species this year, but the Lark
was the only one of note.

This is only my 2nd day to be out since returning from AZ last month. We
normally have Larks at several spots by now, but I haven't had the time to get
out and look for them this year.

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN