[TN-Bird] Kingston Steam Plant

  • From: "Frank Bills" <sabflb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:28:46 -0400

We birded Kingston Steam Plant in Roane County late today May 20 with Chuck and
Lola Estes of Oak Ridge.  We recorded these shorebirds:
Wilson's Phalarope 1-male (found by Chuck yesterday)
Stilt Sandpiper  7
Dunlin  15+/-
White-rumped Sandpiper  12+/-
Pectoral Sandpiper  20 +/-
Least Sandpiper  70+/-
Semipalmated Sandpiper  1
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Semipalmated Plover  3
Lesser Yellowlegs  3

Blue Grosbeak
Black-crowned Nightheron
(Also Willow Flycatchers were heard on May 13 and 17)

Frank Bills & Sharon Bostick
Knoxville, TN