[TN-Bird] Re: Inca Dove Location RFI

  • From: "Ben Britton" <benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:49:29 +0000

Success!

Despite our phone tag, my cell phone failure, and the Inca dove's small
appetite (he only stayed for 10 minutes), Rack Cross and I were able to
observe and video/ photo the Dove this morning (Nov 1). My phone battery ran
out just as I was giving Rack directions, but fortunately he is a good
fireman who can still find the "burning house".  The Inca dove came in at
7:05 and began feeding on the ground with the morning doves, so I rushed
Rackin when he arrived about 7:10.

The bird cooperated enough, to fly up in the Sycamore tree, (about the same
spot that Don Miller and Jim Holt saw him) and posed for Rack to shoot some
video.  I'm sure he will be able to post online for all of us to see in the
near future.  This is the third consecutive morning I have observed the
dove,but I have not seen him in the evening, since Sunday, about 1600.

I hope others can see the bird, but unfortunately, I have to be out of town
this weekend.  I will alert my neighbors that any strangers with binoculars
looking in my backyard may be expected and will be acceptable.

Keep on brdn!

Ben Britton, 3722 Halifax Circle,

Morristown, TN 37813.

From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
To: benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Inca Dove Location RFI
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:48:56 EST

Ben

I am a go for a 7AM Dove feeding time in the morning, Nov. 1. My cell number
is 423.276.3299. I will leave just before 6AM from Blountville.

Thanks again!

Rack

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES