[TN-Bird] Henslow's Sparrows Coffee Co.

  • From: "scott gravette" <sgravet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:06:08 -0700

My wife and I enjoyed immensely the great looks at several singing Henslow's
Sparrows that we got on Hickerson Rd. in Coffee Co. this morning. Henslow's
Sparrow might be my favorite bird species and it is great to have a thriving
colony not too far from our home in Hartselle, Alabama. Many thanks to Terry
Witt for posting this info.
Does anyone know if this site will be managed to maintain good Henslow's
habitat?

Also, I was quite surprised to see a gray male Northern Harrier sailing around
the site.
Very unusual for this time of year.

Scott and Janice Gravette
Hartselle, Alabama