[TN-Bird] Hamilton Co rufous hummers

  • From: Davchaffin@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, screech904@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ibird@xxxxxxxx, nfamous@xxxxxxxxx, edward.raynor@xxxxxxxxx, MResch8702@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:34:18 EST

TB birders,

For those interesting in adding rufous hummer to their year list, here  are
the leads I know about:

1-Daniel Jacobson, Beth Schilling, Max Medley(Dalton, GA), and I saw the
rufous female on Lookout Mtn at the home of John and Ellen Whitaker, 4 Fort
Stephenson Place.  Since Jan Chadwell forwarded me instructions on how to  get
htere, you might check with her.

2-Frank and Linda Leamon in Ooltewah still have an imm female rufous coming
to their feeder as of Sat(27Jan).  They welcome birders to come and see  their
little beauty.  Phone 423-238-5602.  We ended up not going  there, as the
Lookout Mtn bird cooperated.

3-Margaret Walker of Harrison had an imm male rufous as of 21Nov, but I do
not have a followup.  A phone call might be productive if you live  close to
this spot.

4-Finally, Ron and Ann Koplan had a female rufous coming to their feeder in
Nov and Dec before the Chattanooga CBC.  A phone call to their number at
423-892-4644 was not answered on Sat.  Their address  is 8504  Georgetown Trace
Lane, which is easy access off east Brainerd Road.  I  tried twice here without
luck.  They did say to call ahead of time, and  they put up the dogs, which
will increase you chances.

Hope this helps some of you.

David Chaffin
Cleveland TN