[TN-Bird] Greenway banding

  • From: "Aborn, David" <David-Aborn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:34:29 +0000

Hamilton County, TN

The ragweed was bad and the mosquitoes were horrendous, but the banding made up
for it. It was the best morning I have had in a while. There are plenty of
migrants still around, and another front is approaching to bring more. One
interesting catch of the morning was a female Black-and-white Warbler I banded
back on August 31st. At that time, she had no visible fat stores (Fat Score = 0
on a scale of 0-6) and weighed 9.7 grams. When I recaptured her this morning,
she had a fat score of 4 and weighed 13.6 grams! That is about a 40% increase
in weight due to fat! Ya gotta love this time of year!

American Redstart = 6
Magnolia Warbler = 6
Acadian Flycatcher = 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler = 1
Black-throated-green Warbler = 1
Black-and-white Warbler = 1 (this was a new bird, not the one I recaptured)
Canada Warbler = 1
Ovenbird = 1
Eastern Wood-Peewee = 1
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher = 1