[TN-Bird] Great Horned Nest #15

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 06:14:54 EST

March 1, 2007
Ensley Bottoms
Shelby Co. TN
I checked this large nest about 5 weeks ago but could not detect any signs
of nesting. I checked again yesterday and there were two young with well
developed wings and tails but still retaining fuzzy heads. This is the 15th
Great Horned nest that I've located in the area. I'll be plowing old and  new
ground this weekend looking for other sites. Looks like good news this year
for Great Horns but bad news for Skunks.
Purple Martins were seen at three locations with 12 over the Horn Lake
slough in Ensley,  6 at Robco and 7 in down town along the  river.
Good Birding  !!!
Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6298 Memphis-Arlington Road
Bartlett, TN  38135