[TN-Bird] Good Hot Birdwatching Today at Rankin Bottoms in Cocke County.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:59:45 -0400

Birders: ( Good Hot Birdwatching Today at Rankin Bottoms in Cocke County )

Today on August 27, 2005 Shane and Dennis Adams went to Rankin Bottoms in Cocke
County to birdwatch and we saw lots of good birds they are: Large Flocks of
Black Vultures, Large Flocks of Eastern Kingbirds, Wood Duck Hens on the bank
next to the railroad, Large Flocks of Double Crested Cormorants, Large Flocks
of Green Herons and Young Green Herons ( WildLife White-Tailed Deer Doe eating
) Osprey flying with a fish in its talons or claws, Second Osprey, Prothonotary
Warbler , Caspian Tern, Black Crowned Night Heron Adult & Imm. my first Little
Blue Heron, Tennessee Warbler, and Orchard Oriole Female, 3 Killdeer Plus Extra
Bonus we saw a Small Flock of Wild Turkeys in the City of Morristown eating
next to the woods near the small building on the right going to WalMart and
Walter State heading north on 25E there will be more bird posting coming soon
from the Elizabethton Birdwatchers we meet at Rankin Bottoms.

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County
Morristown, TN