[TN-Bird] Fwd: Falconry Golden Eagle

  • From: alixparks@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 03:17:49 +0000 (UTC)

The following is from the RaptorCare Listserve - I didn't see TNBird listed in
the e-mail to me - so am sending
this to the list.

Subj: **** Golden Eagle Escaped***

All,
Please Keep an eye out for a Male golden eagle that is approximately 2
years of age. He was legally acquired as a falconry bird this spring and
escaped in good condition several days ago. He has some special features. He is
blind or has a hard time seeing out of his left eye. And got away with a
new set of anklets and jesses on. The jesses where white braided cord, but he
would have pulled these out asap upon his freedom. So he most likely would
be in brown anklets only. Also he had a reward tag on his anklet with my
cell # of 316-305-9602 on it. Lastly he has a USFWS Black Band on his leg
with a clear tubing on it. The band number is RE114312.
** Pass this on to as may people as you can who are bird watchers or bird
banders as he may be seen again***
Please call me if you have seen, or have any information on this bird.
Thank you all so much from up here in Kansas!
My other email is etan68@xxxxxxxxxxx
NATE MATHEWS
Wichita, KS
Phone: (316) 305-9602