[TN-Bird] Fall Out - Ensley Bottoms

  • From: "olcoot1@xxxxxxx" <olcoot1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 10:26:17 -0500

Aug. 7, 2011

Suddenly the skies opened up and the Wind Birds started falling in. The wind is
out of the south and they are looking for areas to rest as there are no
sandbars on the river.

Earlier, one of pale birds on TVA Lake morphed into a PIPING PLOVER. There are
a dozen Semipalmated Plovers, over 20 immature Semi-Sands, and a season first
BAIRD'S. Now numerous Lesser Yellowlegs and a few Stilt Sandpipers have dropped
in out of the blue.

I am photographing a fight between a male and female AVOCET and irate
Black-neck Stilts. The Avocets can't seem find any place to rest that is
uncontested by some Black-necked Stilts.

Black-bellied Whistler young look like they are doing fine.

Good Birding,

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135
http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this feathered thing that lifts my heart to the heavens.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T