[TN-Bird] Re: FW: Snowy Owl being seen

  • From: mctodd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: raincrow@xxxxxxxxxx, "Tnbird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:18:52 +0000

While observing the Snowy Owl yesterday, we noticed a photographer that was
just visible to the west of the Owl. Not sure where he came from, and may have
been a GM employee, as there weren't any extra cars around. But, at least this
guy was keeping a respectable distance, and not pushing the Owl at all (while
we were there anyway).
Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
Birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.pbase.com/mctodd

From: "Raincrow" <raincrow@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:23:34
To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TN-Bird] FW: Snowy Owl being seen

I took a quick run down there Saturday (a 3.5 hour drive), arriving perhaps an
hour before sunset, and of course just 15 minutes before I arrived, some
<blankety blank> person hopped the fence to get a closer photograph and scared
the owl (who had obliged viewers for 3 full hours) over the back of the hill.
GRRRRRRR! SNARL!! BAD PERSON!!!
Still, the back roads of Spring Hill are gorgeous, full of big old houses on
lovely grounds, so it was worth the drive anyway. And I was able to satisfy the
curiosity of passersby who wondered why a quarter-mile of cars were pulled off
the side of the road, their occupants hanging over the Saturn fence with binox
and spotting scopes in the cold wind.

Now if s/he'll just hold still till the weekend after next, I might have
another chance...

Liz Singley
Kingston TN (Roane Co.)