[TN-Bird] FW: Nashville CBC Results

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:58:38 -0600

I've not mentioned this online in a couple weeks, but my in-law's thistle
feeder in northern Williamson
County is still host to 6+ PINE SISKIN. Is there anyone in the surrounding
areas with any of these birds?
The location is ~ 3 miles south of Radnor Lake as the C. pinus flies, and above
1000' on the altimeter.
Ed SchneiderNashvilleDavidson Co.

From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:14:10 -0500
Subject: [TN-Bird] Nashville CBC Results
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The
Nashville CBC was conducted on Saturday, Dec. 17 and totaled 76 species, about
average for the count.  There was also one Count Week species, 5
Canvasbacks, at Radnor Lake.   No unusual species were reported, but
there was one Red-breasted Nuthatch which have not been common here this
year.  Three Bald Eagles were found, 2 adults and 1 immature.
There was one late Indigo Bunting at Radnor Lake, an occasional winter species
in the Nashville area.   Thank you to all who helped with the count,
and to Susan Hollyday who provided us with a delicious compilation
supper.
TOTAL
SPECIES  76
TOTAL