[TN-Bird] Discovery Center Wetlands Murfreesboro

  • From: jwalk821@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 03:09:03 +0000 (UTC)

This afternoon we took a trip to the wetlands to see if there were any early
spring migrants that have already arrived. The trip was very successful . The
best birds of the day were 2 Eurasian-collared Doves, 5 Blue-winged Teal, and 2
Marsh Wrens. One of the Marsh Wrens was singing, but was driven off by another
Marsh Wren. On the drive home, I saw many Wilson's Snipes flying in a group. It
is amazing how long their bills really are! Below is a list of other species of
interest we saw. (Not all the birds seen are included in the list.)

Am. Coot (uncommon to the wetlands)

Chimney Swift

N. Rough-winged Swallow

Swamp Sparrow