[TN-Bird] Cove Lake State Park

  • From: "Steve Clendenen" <scgwc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRD" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 01:24:10 -0500

On Wednesday, November 2, we visited Cove Lake State Park from 8:20 a.m. to
about noon.
We saw 7 or 8 Rusty Blackbirds in a pine tree between the observation platform
and the nearby group picnic shelter.
We saw only 4 species of waterfowl: Canada Geese, Wood Ducks, Gadwalls,
Mallards.  Five if a Muscovy is counted.
Next we stopped in at Eagle Bend Fish Hatchery.  Nearly all of the ponds are
still dry.  On the large upper pond, we saw 7 Ring-necked Ducks.

Steve & Gail Clendenen
Boyd Sharp
Knox County