[TN-Bird] Re: Congratulations for responsible wildlife management and Sandhill Cranes.

  • From: Cynthia Routledge <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jameswbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 08:48:02 -0600

James I agree that perhaps it is time the make-up of the Tennessee Resource
Wildlife Committee change a bit...and a few non-consumptive folks on the
Committee couldn't hurt and perhaps even be an even greater signal to the
general public that TWRA need the support of everyone in our State in order to
do their job.
This good idea is just one of many being kicked around.  And although I woke up
this morning with a feeling of satisfaction and joy I also know that the work
has only begun.  Two years is not a long time.    I heard only yesterday on NPR
a quote in reference to "State and National issues"... that we Americans are
really good about rallying around a cause or event but that our "attention span
is about 10 days once the event has come and gone."   I say let's prove that
wrong and continue to work together for Tennessee, for TWRA and most of all for
that tall elegant, red capped species, our Sandhill Cranes.

Cyndi Routledge