[TN-Bird] Congrats for MS first W. Kingbird Young!

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx,ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:48:15 EDT

June 18, 2004
DeSoto Co. Mississippi
Ensley Bottoms, Shelby Co, TN

This afternoon, I thought I'd check on Mississippi's first Western Kingbird's
nest I found on June 6. I first reported this nest as being in Tunica Co. but
I checked the maps and have determined it to be about 20 feet north of the
Tunica line and actually is in DeSoto Co.

There were 4 newly hatched young in the nest and I've posted new photos
bringing this saga up to date. Try:
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/western_kingbird_ms

After leaving there, I went to Ensley Bottoms in TN and had good luck there
also. I photographed the Common Moorhen reported last weekend and found and
photographed another Western Kingbird nest. That makes two confirmed nests and
still have two males on territory so we may have 4 nests this year at Ensley
Bottoms.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA