[TN-Bird] Re: Clark Center Park, Anderson County, Tennessee

Carole,

Great to hear someone talk about the Clark Center Park area, one of the
really good unknown birding places just outside of Knoxville and Oak Ridge.
Have you tried the two-mile hike from the bridge at the park to end of
Gallaher Bend?  I have always enjoyed going there (and to the other of the
Three Bends if you can get in).  I hope more people discover some of these
spots.
      By the way, have you tried the west entrance to North Boundary Trail
on the other end of Oak Ridge (off the turnpike going from Oak Ridge to
Kingston)?  It is open all the time and meanders along Bear Creek valley and
East Fork Poplar Creek and has some great birds and other wildlife,
especially during breeding season.

Dev Joslin
Monteverde, Costa Rica