[TN-Bird] Broad-tailed Hummingbird

  • From: RubyThroat@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:42:09 EST

Fellow TN-Birders
Super congratulations to Mr. Chris Sloan!  What a wonderful discovery of a
long awaited Broad-tailed!  The in-hand documentation will quiet the stiffest
critics of such a rare, rare bird.  Chris has accomplished early on in his
research efforts something that eluded Martha Sargent and I for so many
years!  Broad-tailed Hummingbird!!!!!

Just plain outstanding work amigo!  Keep it up.

Based on my experience, and many scenarios of rare birds at residential
feeders, I cannot over emphasize the importance of abiding by the rules and
the necessity of good conduct in such a situations.  Enjoy guys!

Wow!  What a neat bird to add to the rolls in Tennessee!!  You guessed it, I
am excited for my friend Chris and all Tennessee birders.

Bob Sargent
Trussville, Alabama