[TN-Bird] Bobolinks

  • From: JGIOCOMO@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:12:13 EDT

While searching for grassland bird nests the past few days I flushed up two
male and one female Boblink in two separate fields on Fort Campbell.  I first
flushed up a male who was singing in the vetch in one of the large fields (13
June).  He flew to a nearby tree and started singing again until a female flew
by.  He followed her over the hill and I lost sight of both birds.
Then yesterday (16 June) I flushed up a male Bobolink while walking through a
thick fescue field.

We have also been seeing all the usual stuff (for Fort Campbell) including
Henslow's Sparrows, Grasshopper Sparrows, Dickcissels, Field Sparrows, Willow
Flycatcher, Common Yellowthroat, Bobwhite, Am. Kestrel, E. Meadowlark, YB
Cukoo,
RT Hummingbird, Prairie Warbler, Indigo Bunting, Horned Lark, Blue Grosbeak,
YB Chat...

Jim Giocomo
Stewart County