[TN-Bird] Bledsoe county SHORT-EARED OWLS

  • From: "BirdsandTrails" <BirdsandTrails@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:22:54 -0500

Tn-Birders:
Yesterday afternoon I pulled up across from the pond on Nine-mile Crossroads
about 5:15 P.M.  There were already quite a few birders there.

I think there were about 20 people at the site last night.

At 5:57 I saw an owl fly behind one of the trees - and not come out.
At 5:59 that owl (or another SE Owl)  flew from the same area and landed on a
fence post where it stayed for probably ten minutes.  Great looks at that bird
and three others both flying and in trees.

Thanks so much to David Trently for discovering/posting his find on TN-Bird -
and because I missed that post while in FL I appreciate Clyde Blum posting
about his trip up there on Thursday evening.

A great year bird!

Carol Fegarido
Chattanooga, TN
Hamilton county