[TN-Bird] Black-throated Sparrow UPDATE

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:23:09 EST

DEC. 1, 2005
Update from Morris Williams on Black-throated Sparrow.
Anyone visiting the location, please post success or failure as many are
planning to travel for this fine bird.  Morris Williams found the
Black-throated
Sparrow again at 07:24 this morning (1 Dec.) in the same clump  as his
initial sighting 48 hrs earlier. His Comments and directions  follow:

  According to the register, Jennie Sue Lyons and  Elizabeth Wolfe saw it
this afternoon at 14:40.  There were other parties  afield today, but they
apparently did not make entries in the register.When coming in through the
Dennison
Farm Road, ask people not to  cross the ditch in vehicles.  This ditch, which
is also the property line,  is obvious; park and cross on foot.

Our hosts take the registration  seriously.  They are not as excited as we
about the bird, but they are  excited about the excitement.  They want to know
where we're from.   The register is attached to a utility pole on the left as
you pass their  residence.

Good Birding  !!!
Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6298 Memphis-Arlington Road