[TN-Bird] Bald Eagles

  • From: Tony King <tonykingbird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 07:56:33 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday we had our first sighting of the eagletts at the Windy Hill Farm
Nest.  We saw two eagletts in grey plumage moving around in the nest with a
parent standing on the nest observing all matters of movement. This is the
first time in two years that this nest has been successful.

We drove to Chota Wildlife Refugee in Monroe County and we were  surprised how
little water there was and how over grown the area was.  We saw a few  birds
like American Crow, Great Blue Heron, Canada Geese, Blue Wing Teal , Turkeys
but nothing like the Snow's report last week.

Bird on!
Tony and Denise
Lenoir City, Loudon County