[TN-Bird] 922 visitors!! - Dec. 28 Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge Update

  • From: Melinda Welton <weltonmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Becky Bodkin <becky.bodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ronda Tucker <ronda8r@xxxxxxx>, Tessa Moody <tessamoody@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Sharon Watts <watts_sharon@xxxxxxxx>, Rosi Daly <meigs.assistant@xxxxxxxxx>, Cindy Milligan <cmilligan@xxxxxxxxx>, Crockett David <crockett_d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harold Sharp <sharp_h@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:14:12 -0600

Dear all
With all of the publicity about the Hooded Crane, I think we¹re going to
have a very successful festival in January. Please let your Chambers and
other civic groups know about these numbers of visitors coming to the
refuge. Nothing like this has ever happened in the state of Tennessee
before! And it couldn¹t have happened without the existence of the Hiwassee
Refuge! The TN Wildlife Resources Agency needs to be commended for providing
such a wildlife watching opportunity!

Melinda Welton
TN Sandhill Crane Co-chair
<www.TNcranefestival.org>