[TIPSdiscussion] Here is info on the new channel ThisTV

  • From: John and Anne <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anne <anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TIPSdiscussion <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tad Church KT1NG <kt1ng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 23:39:56 -0400

FYI in Connecticut ----
Hi

This is about the new network ThisTV (featuring MGM movies and shows)as
it took to the air in Chatanooga, TN & now the *new channel on
Connecticut's WTXX 20's digital subchannel 20.2 over-the-air*. So far we
haven't seen a cable or satellite listing. Chalk one up for the over the
'rabbit ear' crowd.

*Google ThisTV for the local listings until they show in the papers. Or
your built in program giide on your DTV converter box.*

Also, how many have seen the Universal Sports 24hr channel on sub
channel 30.3 for the last 3 months over-the-air, and channels 18's4
subchannels as a new one went on today...

Proves who needs cable....
********************************

WTVC Launches ThisTV
posted February 25, 2009

WTVC Television NewsChannel9 announced today the launch of ThisTV on its
digital sub-channel 9.2 this Sunday. ThisTV is a studio-based
programming service offering 4,000 movie titles and 10,000 episodes of
TV programming from Metro Goldwyn Mayer.

Doreen Wade, president of WTVC parent Freedom Broadcasting, Inc., said,
"Freedom Broadcasting has been exploring creative ways to program our
multicast channels. We believe MGM's ThisTV is one of the best options.
With more than 4,000 movie titles in its program library, ThisTV on WTVC
9.2 will be a popular choice with our viewers in the Chattanooga market.?

Mike Costa, vice president and general manager of WTVC NewsChannel9,
said, ?We?re excited. ThisTV is a great fit for WTVC and for Chattanooga.

In March viewers can look forward to theme days like ?This is Spring
Break? on March 1 featuring the movies ?Beach Blanket Bingo?, ?How to
Stuff a Wild Bikini? and ?Ski Party?. On March 8 it?s ?This is the West?
day with the epic movie ?Red River? in addition to ?Sam Whiskey? and
?Support Your Local Gunfighter? with James Garner. The month rounds out
with ?This is Elvis!? on March 22 with Elvis Presley movies and on March
28 with ?This is Vincent Price? and a collection of three classic horror
movies.

Mr. Costa said, ?ThisTV will be a fun network. It offers viewers an
opportunity to gather the family, pop some popcorn and sit down to watch
a great movie. It provides advertisers a cost effective way to market
their product in quality programming.?

ThisTV is available for free, over-the-air, on digital 9.2; or via
Comcast cable, channel 208 and Charter cable, channel 174.

WTVC is owned by Freedom Communications, headquartered in Irvine, Calif.

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!