[TIPSdiscussion] [Fwd: [discussion] Re: The List seems Quiet >> Here's something FUN!]

  • From: John and Anne <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TIPSdiscussion <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 11:17:54 -0400

forwarded from ConnARES discussion

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [discussion] Re: The List seems Quiet >> Here's something FUN!
Date:   Sat, 02 May 2009 07:44:46 -0400
From:   Eric Knight <eknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 10:39 PM 4/30/2009, Anne and John wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Seems this list is quiet. I'm sure there is something to discuss.

Okay, here's something unique and 100% FUN:

A good friend of mine -- Bob Parisi / N1OKF -- will be getting married
next Saturday, May 9, 2009. Or, as you may have noticed, the date is: 5-9-9.

Bob (and his lovely wife to be, Laura) will be doing a special ham-radio
moment at their reception. They'll be taking a 15-minute break from
wedding festivities to conduct an on-air QSO schedule!  */And they need
everyone's help to make it a success.

/*Please take a moment next Saturday, between 5:30 - 5:45 p.m., to call
into K1SOX's 505 / West Haven repeater (either over the air or by
EchoLink). Frequency 147.505. (Input 146.505. PL 77.)

I mentioned EchoLink as an option, as the repeater was selected for this
special event because it is also tied to EchoLink. If you can't hit the
repeater by RF, please connect by EchoLink node 7505.

Please don't assume someone else is going to call in. (If everyone
thinks the same way, we'll just have a lot of silence.)  *If there is
ANY WAY you can squeeze in a couple minutes next Saturday for a quick
"well wishes" 5-9 QSO, it would be most appreciated!

*Thanks, in advance. Tell you friends, too!

73
Eric
KB1EHE
TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!