[TIPSdiscussion] [Fwd: [CT ARES Discussion] Info- Fw: Special Announcement: SKYWARN Training Sessions in August & September 2010]

  • From: John and Anne <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TIPSdiscussion <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:01:49 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [CT ARES Discussion] Info- Fw: Special Announcement: SKYWARN
Training Sessions in August & September 2010
Date:   Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:   Steven Williams <swilliams7739@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Connecticut SKYWARN List <ctskywarn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am forwarding this email to both the SKYWARN and ARES reflectors for
anyone going to Boxboro that would like to go through SKYWARN Spotter
Training. I also encourage anyone acting as net control for weekly ARES
or weather nets to make an announcement of this class during your weekly
net.

Steve Williams K1SJW
ARRL CT Section ARES DEC SKYWARN
Home 860-379-8392
Cell 860-480-2564
Email address k1sjw@xxxxxxxx

--- On *Sun, 8/15/10, SkyWarn Announcement List

    From: SkyWarn Announcement List <SkyWarn-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: Special Announcement: SKYWARN Training Sessions in August &
    September 2010
    To: Skywarn-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 10:34 PM

    Hello to all..

    The following are SKYWARN training sessions for August and September
    that have been scheduled. A few additional sessions are likely to be
    scheduled in October and November. See the training sessions below:

    Friday August 27th, 2010 100-400 PM:
    Holiday Inn Boxboro - Cotillion Room
    242 Adams Place
    Boxborough, Massachusetts
    Taught by: Amateur Radio Coordinator
    Registration: None Required - SKYWARN Training session done in
    coordination with the Boxboro Amateur Radio New England Division
    Convention and Hamfest

    Thursday September 9th, 2010 700-1000 PM:
    Walpole Town Hall/Senior Center
    135 School Street
    Walpole, Massachusetts
    Taught by: Amateur Radio Coordinator
    Registration: None Required

    Thursday September 23rd, 2010 630-930 PM:
    Nashua, NH Fire Department - Lake Street Station
    177 Lake Street
    Nashua, New Hampshire
    Taught by: NWS Taunton Forecaster
    Registration: Pre-registration required. Contact Jim Blaine-WD4JZO,
    jblaine42@xxxxxxxxx </mc/compose?to=jblaine42@xxxxxxxxx>

    Respectfully Submitted,

    Robert Macedo (KD1CY)
    ARES SKYWARN Coordinator
    Eastern Massachusetts ARES Section Emergency Coordinator
    Home Phone #: (508) 994-1875 (After 6 PM)
    Home/Data #: (508) 997-4503 (After 6 PM)
    Work Phone #: 508-346-2929 (8 AM-5 PM)
    Email Address: rmacedo@xxxxxxx </mc/compose?to=rmacedo@xxxxxxx>
    http://ares.ema.arrl.org
    http://www.wx1box.org

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!