[thinkpad] Welcome

  • From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thinkpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:04:20 +0100

I opened this mailing list since IBM declined to do the same, and I have
received value from other such product oriented mailing lists.

My intent as far as it goes is to collate self-help information from
users, and hopefully from IBM expertise, on the use and setup of the
excellent IBM Thinkpad laptops.

I'm a new owner, and have already generated questions which I'm sure
other owners will have answered already.

Whilst not wishing to decry the IBM documentation I do feel that as with
any it is likely to miss the new user perspective. With that in mind,
please feel free to ask questions, tell others what you found useful
when using your Thinkpad, and point out web based resources you found
useful.

It would be really helpful if you let readers know which Thinkpad you
are using; I'm making an assumption that there are differences!

Welcome Thinkpad users.

Dave Pawson.
March 2005
http://www.dpawson.co.uk