[THIN] Re: usrclass.dat not giving up the ghost - taking out servers, driving me nuts

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 23:26:42 +0100

UPHClean 2 = 2.048
Its not the final version
http://blogs.technet.com/uphclean/

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Wood
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:08 PM
  Subject: [THIN] Re: usrclass.dat not giving up the ghost - taking out
servers, driving me nuts

  2.048?

  From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of M
  Sent: 14 May 2008 23:00
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
servers, driving me nuts

  Andrew,

  A few questions

  Have you tried running without UPHCLean 1.6? Have you set the UPHclean loggin
options ?

  Have you tried UPHClean 2.048 ?

  Anything in the event log relating to profiles not unloading?

  Have you enabled user environment debug logging ?

  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221833

  Can go to PS 4.5 Rollup 2 ? - its far better than Rollup 1 BTW

  What post 2003 SP2 Hotfixes are you using ?

  When the users are logging off are any apps still running for that user ? Is
there some user process thats still running ... like adobe reader if you allow
it to open pdf files in Internet Explorer ?

By default UPHClean takes action to allow profiles to unload.  You can choose
to have UPHClean only report what processes it finds preventing profilesfrom
unloading.  To do this, install UPHClean and use the registry editor toset:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\UPHClean\Parameters\REPORT_ONLY to 1.
You can also have UPHClean log the call stack that is responsible for
theprofile hive handle.  This is necessary to find out what software
isresponsible for the hive handle in processes used for many purposes
(e.g.svchost.exe, dllhost.exe, winmgmt.exe).  To enable call stack logging use
theregistry editor to set:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\UPHClean\Parameters\CALLSTACK_LOG to 1.
Logging the call stack is computationally and memory intensive.  You should
usethis option to collect information and then turn it off.  To get more
accuratecall stack logging it may be necessary to get symbols installed on
thecomputer.  You can read about getting symbols at:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/ddk/debugging/symbols.mspx