[THIN] Re: tool to restart a service if it's memory usage get s over a certai n amount

100 Megs of memory is not really that much..
Reason for this is probably badly configured printer drivers. I would
upgrade them all to latestm, unless you have canon in which case i
would go with latest PS and PCL5e not by any means use canon PCL6
drivers they are b0rked. Canon doens't even recoomend them.

if not you could run a software like bmc patrol and if memory goes
over a set value fire a net stop / net start, or if it refuses to stop
a kill / net start.

I would probably only restart the spooler at regular intervals if I
saw it as a problem...

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:42:40 -0000, Lilley, Brian <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> if you have the coding skills, you could would write a script/executable
> that has a WMI hook into the OS... and then... as if by magic, when the
> memory rises above X, it will fire an event which triggers your program to
> restart the service.

Nicolai Imset
CCA
NT Consultant