[THIN] Re: thin client deployment in a school

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:28:15 -0700

Rick,

How come I am not surprised that you have a daughter that does that!!?!

Good point, I was thinking in the context of a recent college project we did
where VDI was sufficient for such applications because they were simply
doing basic learning labs. If you are doing extensive rendering type of
workloads then I agree that you probably need dedicated workstations with
capable resources in CPU, MEM and graphics.

Although don't forget that a typical VDI server is (4) Quad core CPU's so
there are plenty of light and med workloads that work pretty well too!!

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

Scottsdale, AZ 85266