[THIN] slow session/latency?

  • From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 14:54:59 +1000

Hi

Running a 6 x Server XenApp 6.5 farm. I've got users connecting in from India
and they are complaining about performance being slow. Slow saving documents
and slow screen refreshes. The Citrix Server and Windows File Server are in
our main site in Australia so there is no WAN traversing.. My gut feel is that
its simply a latency issue but was hoping for some suggestions for
troubleshooting.. Here is the ping response from India client to Citrix
Server:

Pinging xxxxxxxx [xxx.x.x,xxx] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122
Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122

Ping statistics for xxx.x.x,xxx:
Minimum = 157ms, Maximum = 157s, Average = 157ms

I've deleted the users profile and they are running the latest ICA Client..
Any other ideas for troublshooting?

Thanks
Ang

From: drooney57@xxxxxxxxx