[THIN] Re: replacing imported printserver

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:41:29 -0500

Thanks, Ron

The solution you offered is perfect provided my users are only work through
Citrix. Unfurtunately I still have old server holding old patient
information system and it's engine (jshell) prints to the UNC path. A lot of
my users have their printers mapped to the UNC name of the OLD server as
well. Ultimately I'd like to end up with same NetBIOS name for the NEW
server so I won't have to bother with UNC mapped printers on the client
desktop. After I do what you suggested and have my Citrix users print to the
NEW server can I rename it to the OLD server's name and let everybiody else
print too? Or I better have them both online for some time and replace
client desktops printers maually?

Thanks again

Pav